Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Networking with RTM

dillo99 says:
In my company we are expected to network with people to help drive sales and opportunities. It can be cumbersome to track networking activities so I decided to use RTM. We do have a company CRM but it's task tracking is not very good. I created a list called "Networking" and entered the names of the people I am trying to stay connected with. We were asked to start with 10 people and add 1 per month so this isn't to onerous to create a list. From there, I can easily add ticklers and sub tasks under each name including recurring tasks like "reach out for lunch" or "send him/her a note". If I have a discussion with a person and have a specific follow-up I enter it as a sub task under the person with the future date to follow-up. My "Today" list is just things that are dated today or in the past so these follow-ups automatically pop up on my today list when they come do. This has made my networking seamless and easy to do. I've also added general recurring tasks to my Networking List that are not assigned to any individual. This might include things like "Connect to 5 new people on Linked In" or "write a blog post". I like having all my networking actions in one place and the flexibility of RTM makes it so easy!
Posted at 7:41pm on August 20, 2015
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi dillo99,

Great tip! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 6 years ago