Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Prioritizing schoolwork

vergenzt says:
In college, many of my classes include information on the syllabus about all of the homework assignments and tests for the rest of the semester. Being the organization-freak that I am, I like to put as much of it into RTM as I can at the beginning. However, it can be overwhelming to see all of the homework I have for the rest of the semester on one list, even if it is sorted by date.

So my solution to this is to put everything into a "Schoolwork" list, and then make a "Todo-School" smartlist that shows much just what is coming up, where more warning is given for higher priorities like tests. I use tags to mark which class the assignments are for.

Todo-School query:
list:schoolwork AND (
due:never OR
dueBefore:today OR
(dueWithin:"2 days") OR
(dueWithin:"3 days" AND priority:3) OR
(dueWithin:"4 days" AND priority:2) OR
(dueWithin:"6 days" AND priority:1)
)

I can use the priority of a topic to tell RTM how far in advance it needs to show it on my todo list, and anything without a due date will always be displayed until I set one. It's serving me well. :)
Posted at 3:40pm on August 21, 2013
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi vergenzt,

This is really nice use of Smart Lists! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, so we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 10 years ago