Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Schedule a future email

(closed account) says:
A sometimes useful feature of the widely used Outlook email client is the ability to write an email and schedule it to be sent at a future time. This can be semi-replicated using the iOS version of Remember The Milk and our little buddy, the "mailto://" link!

To set this up, just do the following:
1) Create task and schedule for a future day to be reminded to send an email.
2) Add a "mailto" link to either the URL field of a task, or to a Note that has been added to a task.

Your link will look something like this:

mailto://awesome_person@emailaddy.com?subject=Bob%20T%20Monkey%20Rocks!

Later when I'm notified about this task and I click the link, my default mail app launches with an email template that includes the person I want to send to and even a subject already filled out!

Using the "mailto" link and its available options it's possible to create an entire email all ready to send in the future, just by clicking a single link. Just remember to use the %20 for all your spaces and your good to go.
Posted at 11:23pm on September 25, 2012
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Nice tip!
Posted 11 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Eric,

This is a pretty cool idea... so cool, in fact, that it's this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. :)

We've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account.
Posted 11 years ago
weiszguy says:
Seems like this would work with any version of RTM, not just the iOS app, right?
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi weiszguy,
Yes, this will work on other platforms too.

In the web app, the link may show as http:// (rather than mailto://), but clicking the link will correctly send the email.
Posted 11 years ago