Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Organizing chores with Remember the Milk

lostintranslatn says:
I use RTM to keep my household chores straight. I have a special list labeled "Chores," and within it I jot down everything that needs to be done. Things that should be done once a week (clean sheets on the bed, airing out the house, etc.) are tagged "weekly" and set to repeat as such. It makes it simple and fast to knock out these every-Sunday type chores.

Next, I have the house broken down into four zones (living area, upstairs area, etc.), and tackle one each week to guarantee that no part of the house goes longer than a month without deep cleaning. These chores are tagged "zone1," "zone2," etc. and are set to repeat after four weeks. THEN--as if that's not enough organizey goodness--I have "dinnerguest" and "houseguest" tags for easily generating a list of to-dos when I have the respective type of guest. So "clean the guest bath" gets both tags, but "change the guest sheets" only gets the latter.

But, the best part of managing chores with RTM? Sending tasks to my husband. ;)
Posted at 3:33am on May 20, 2012
(closed account) says:
When you send tasks to your husband, and he completes them, does the sync show the task completed on your list? What if he postpones a task? Does it then show postponed on your list? Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
lostintranslatn says:
Yes, I can easily check the status of chores I've sent to him by opening my Sent list. If he's completed them, they disappear, and if he's postponed them, they remain there but with a different due date showing.
Posted 11 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi lostintranslatn,

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your Remember The Milk account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 11 years ago
lostintranslatn says:
Wow, thank you so much, Emily!! That is so awesome! :D
Posted 11 years ago