Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Tracking Daily Routines

amirmasoudabdol says:
Hi,

I always looking for a way to track my daily routine with Remember The Milk. After some unsuccessful tries, I think this is the best way that everyone can track his/her routine with Remember The Milk. I just create a list with "Daily Routine" name and list my expected daily routine that I think is the best with numerical order likes:

------1. Morning Routine (7:00 - 8:30)
------1.1 Drink Water
------1.2 Wash up and Clean up while making breakfast
------1.3 Breakfast
------1.4 Bath
------1.5 Daily Planning
------2. Review last day (8:30 - 9:30)
------3. Study (10:00 - 12:00)
------4. Lunch time (12:00 - 14:00)
------5. Study (14:00 - 18:00)
------6. Dinner time (18:00 - 20:00)
------6.1 Prepare dinner
------6.2 Workout
------6.3 Read news or watch series
------7. Summarize the day (20:00 - 22:00)
------7.1 Process Inboxes
------7.2 Write log

But how do I manage the list? I create a 4*4 widget on my Android device desktop and assign it to this list, so I will have something like this: Widget Desktop
Each times that I checked the list, I complete those one that are completed and then add a note to it. For example, in the case of "Breakfast" I add the breakfast that I ate as a note. Adding note
So, I have my daily routine in my pocket and RTM and also I create a logs each time that I complete one.
Notes: 1. I don't assign date to tasks, 2. I incomplete all the list each night, so I have fresh daily routine list for the next day. 3. You can add reminder but I tried it before, it freaks you out because you cannot always be on time.
That's it, I hope it works for you too :)

Thanks,
Posted at 1:05pm on May 19, 2012
lostintranslatn says:
This is very interesting! I usually manage my daily routine as a basic list of things I have to do every day, such as workout, because I don't know if I'll have time to workout in the morning or at night. But I like your method...maybe I can try doing it this way. Thanks for sharing!
Posted 11 years ago
mel.lightbody says:
I like the numbering system. I have my daily routines on RTM too but sometimes I do struggle with their order. Thanks.
Posted 11 years ago
timothy.odell says:
I'm going to try this now
Posted 4 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi amirmasoudabdol,

Great tip! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 4 years ago