Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

What's Due Week 12? 1st Quarter?

c0nsiderthis says:
As a student, I have the usual smart lists for each class's tag (eg. Searched for: "tag:math46" and saved list as "MATH46"), and have tags for "assignment", "test", "online quiz" etc.

I've also created smart lists for the weeks in the semester. That way I can easily see that I have 5 tests and 3 assignments due in Week 15, but I have few tasks in Week 13 so it's a perfect time to get the assignments done.

Search for: < dueWithin:"1 week of [date of start of Week X]" > and then save the list as "Week X"
eg.
Searched for: dueWithin:"1 week of mar 26"
Saved list: "Week 12"
(I use Saturday's date as the start of the week - I find it easier for planning - but Sunday or Monday would be fine too).

I like to see EVERYTHING I have going on that week, so I don't limit my search any more than by date, but you could change the search to just tasks on your school list:
< list:School and dueWithin:"1 week of apr 16" >
or school list, tagged with a specific class or type of task (test, assignment, etc.), and incomplete:
< list:School and status:incomplete and tag:comp103 and dueWithin:"1 week of apr 16" >
Or whatever works best for you!

This could also work for business people - what's due in Week 35, in March (dueWithin:"1 month of Mar 1"), or within the 1st quarter (dueWithin:"3 months of Jan 1")!
Posted at 3:48pm on March 24, 2011
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
You could use moving smart lists for this:
This week: dueBefore:saturday
Next week: dueAfter:saturday AND dueWithin:"7 days of saturday"
Following week: NOT dueWithin:"7 days of saturday" AND dueWithin:"14 days of saturday"

This way you won't have to create new smart lists as the weeks go by.
Posted 12 years ago
marcbetts says:
@ rajjan - thank you very much. having a quick way to see next week is very useful.
Posted 12 years ago
c0nsiderthis says:
@rajjan: I do have a couple of moving ones just not quite the same as you mentioned (for dueWithin:"1 week of today" and one for "2 weeks of today"). But I still want to have one list for each of the 15 weeks in our semester. That way I can quickly look up a specific week, even if it's 14 weeks away.

I set them up at the beginning of the semester when I get my course outlines, add all my assignments, tests, etc., and then fine tune as needed throughout the semester.
Posted 12 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
@rajjan - You remain the king of the smartlist.
Posted 12 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Thanx! What is RTM without them ;-)
Posted 12 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi c0nsiderthis,

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your Remember The Milk account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 12 years ago