Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Managing household tasks

sixinthenorthwest says:
I wear many hats during the day including managing a household of six, homeschooling, raising livestock, and being involved in community organizations as well as our children's many extracurricular activites. As I'm a new user, I'm just now feeling my way around as to how I can best use the tags feature. It just came to me recently that although I have many lists for the different aspects of to-do lists that I continually manage, some items just cannot be accomplished until either the afternoon or evening hours. By assigning these repeating tags a morning, afternoon, or evening designation, I do not have to look at them until that time of day. Not only does it unclutter the list I am looking at, but it serves to keep my motivation up by actually getting through each stage of the day.

I am now also considering adding tags to some of our household chores for the different family members who could be helping in that area. Should I need to ask someone to help, all I will need to do is bring up the tag for their name and quickly assign something they are able to accomplish.

No doubt about it, Remember the Milk has revolutionized the way I manage my household. No more reformatting a zillion spreadsheets every time an adjustment is needed. Our family thanks you!
Posted at 8:07pm on January 27, 2010