Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Using RTM in research and paper writing

dwbrown77 says:
I am a student and as such am involved in research and writing. I use RTM heavily to do so.

I am able to access RTM at the Library, Offline/online on my netbook, and back at home on my desktop. I used to carry a usb drive with me. Now I most often use RTM.

I often use RTM to list deadlines for papers. Set reminders for class times.

I setup lists for each project and can quickly add things that I think will be needed for each project to that list along with their dates.

I have Lists setup for my various reseach projects. When in the Library I can either use my netbook or the Library computer to list books of interest, take notes from those books (making a task for each book and adding notes using the note function of RTM).

On days when I do not feel like being couped up inside I can take my netbook and use RTM in offline mode to work outside and enjoy the sunshine.

Back in my home I can access all my notes in RTM, list books to look for in the Library next time (I often do this by searching the library website or Amazon's large collection of books).

Additionally, I add a task to return books to the Library on the return date given on the "receipt" that I receive from the Library upon checking books out. (I always loose that peice of paper.

Also, I often use "Add to RTM" to note research that I have found online.
Posted at 3:28am on January 24, 2010