Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Adding new tasks so they don't get lost

davidscottweaver says:
I usually have 1 physical list, Inbox, that stores all my tasks. All 300 + tasks. I use smart lists heavily to sort everything. Adding a task to the Inbox will tend to get it "lost in the inbox" from time to time. Here's a simple trick that will keep that from happening. Before you add a task, do a search for one of the words you plan to use in naming your task. For instance, if I'm going to add the task "Remember the milk", I would just do a search for "milk" and then add my task. Your task will be the only (or one of a few if you like milk) to show up, ready to be edited. Now that we have the quick add bar it's a lot easier to dictate the properties of a task all at once, but this is still a handy tip I think.
Posted at 11:51pm on January 11, 2010
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I, too, use smartlists and tags for everyhting, but I created a list to hold it all, separate from the Inbox, so the Inbox could still serve its purpose. I named that list | to keep it as narrow as possible. Once new items are tagged and processed, I heave them over to | in bulk.
Posted 14 years ago