Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Print a booklet?

(closed account) says:
Is is possible to print to a booklet? I am trying to decide between committing to RTM or Toodledo - Toodledo allows printing of small booklets which is really handy. I don't see that feature in RTM. Did I miss it? For my needs thus far, RTM beats the competition, though this printing feature is really pretty neat.
Posted at 2:01pm on November 30, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Currently you can print a list of tasks or a task's notes. You can also print a Weekly Planner from the Overview page.

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Another extremely handy printing tip is the ability to subscribe to your tasks within Google Calendar. Once your tasks are in Gcal, you can use their printing features, including the creation of PDFs, to generate calendars or agendas that are very useful.
Posted 14 years ago
benb says:
OK, here's what you can do. It's pretty sweet. I borrowed havily from existing posts here, but tweaked it myself too.

1) Grab the Atom feed of your list. (Go to the list, right click the Atom link and copy the shortcut into clipboard)
2) Go to PocketMod
3) Select Information, then Custom RSS
4) Click the Tool button to configure, and paste in your copied Atom feed
5) IMPORTANT - PocketMod doesn't like Atom feeds, only RSS, so change the URL you pasted; replace "/atom/" with "/rss/" and it will work.
6) You'll see your tasks show up, so drag the page to the page on the booklet you would like it to appear in.
7) Repeat for any other lists
8) Print it, then fold and cut as per the instructions on the site

One limitation is that it doesn't seem to allow the RSS to span multiple pages, so if there are lots of tasks, you'll lose the later ones.
So unfrtunately you'll need one list per page of the booklet which is a pain.

But still, it's a start.
Posted 14 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Can you really have several RSS-feeds in PocketMod? When I tried it a year ago or so, only a total of one RSS-feed was possible.
Posted 14 years ago
benb says:
It worked when I tested it the other day. The problem is that it now doesn't seem to spread the feed over multiple pages if it has lots of items.
Posted 14 years ago