Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Tip for getting work done on the go

ghovnanian says:
My job requires that I brainstorm a lot. So I have a tag for "brainstorm" that I search for when I have 20 minutes of free time in my calendar, or when I don't feel like doing my other tasks.

Also, I tag phone calls I need to make with "call" so I know when I have time and a phone I can get through my phone calls. I put the phone number and the topic of conversation in the notes.

But now I've added a Smart List called "On the Road" that generates a list based on the "call" and "brainstorm" tags, because both can be done in the car. Whether they're personal or work phone calls (or brainstorms, I guess), they show up on the list.

Using my iPhone I can copy and paste the phone number from the note into the keypad and make my call right from there.

Great way to group all of the things you can accomplish on the road in one place.
Posted at 6:52pm on October 30, 2009
ghovnanian says:
Since I wrote this, I realized that there are 2 more things to do "on the go" - any task with the word "buy" in it, and any task with the word "return" in it (my shopping tasks)
Posted 14 years ago