Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Solution for syncing Google Calendar and Remember The Milk

nickcaggiano says:
have built a web app for myself that syncs my RTM and GCal events. It's been running on my server every 10 minutes for the past three months, to iron out the bugs.

Essentially, it's a two-way sync between GCal and RTM. If you create a task in RTM, it shows up in GCal ten minutes later, and vice-versa. If the RTM task has a time associated with it, the web app will create TWO GCal events, one "all-day" and one "timed" event. If the GCal event has a time associated with it, the RTM task will also have a time.

Completing or deleting an RTM task will delete the GCal event. Deleting the GCal event will delete the RTM task.

Edits made to the RTM task are reflected in the GCal event, and vice versa.

I've put a lot of time and work into this tool. I'm considering publishing it on a production server and opening up a beta-testing phase. Is anyone interested in this type of service? If so, please reply here.
Posted at 7:16pm on August 5, 2009
jeff.chapman says:
I am interested. You are talking about a fix for the only major flaw in RTM. Couldn't you create a widget that will accomplish this or is it a exe that has to run as a separate program.
Posted 14 years ago
juanalglez says:
I am interested in this type of service. Thank you very much, nickcaggiano.
Posted 14 years ago
rmchale says:
I would be interested as well
Posted 14 years ago
marcel.spitau says:
That would be nice! I would test it!
Posted 14 years ago
alastair.salmon says:
I'm interested
Posted 14 years ago
sergejsu says:
Is it still possible to join for testing? At what stage is your application now, please?
Posted 14 years ago