Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Tags for Task Balance

i3aj3 says:
I have 4 task lists: Mind, Body, Spirit, & Other. Every task in a particular list is tagged with an eponymous tag. With this arrangement, I can quickly see every morning if my Today smart list is 'balanced'. If it isn't, I can add another task from one of my categories to make sure I'm hitting every category every day.

Of course, it all depends on what type of balance you're trying to strike. You could ostensibly try to balance your creative work, your analytical work, and your menial tasks. The possibilities are endless. And since you can have multiple tags, this could work in conjunction with the resource tagging system that was recently posted.

The strength of this system is that it helps you avoid ONLY doing what you *need* to do and forces you to do things you *want* to do. Since you only get around to doing the things you make time for, this system helps you make time for all the things you want to do.

Happy RTMing!
Posted at 2:40pm on June 23, 2009
i3aj3 says:
Sorry for the DP, but if this was already mentioned, great thinking to the person who posted it! If not, comment away =)
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hey i3aj3,

Thanks for sharing this tip! :) Just wanted to let you know that your tip is a Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your RTM account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 14 years ago
i3aj3 says:
Yay! Thanks Emily!
Posted 14 years ago