Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

RTM to pamper yourself

burdejanie says:
In addition to using RTM for work and personal tasks, errands, chores, bill paying, I've also been using RTM to remind myself to contact old friend and will now use the Tue tip to add inspirational quotes.

One element that I've been using that others might be interested in adding is adding "pamper me" updates. I've created a list of things I'd like to do more of in my life - smell the flowers, give myself a pedicure, get an ice cream cone, etc. Then I've set various recurring due dates - monthly, every 3 months, etc. Even though I know the list is there, they pop up on my to do list and it's a pleasant surprise and a nice reminder to take care of myself amidst all of the daily tasks.

Take some time today to take care of you!
Posted at 4:07pm on May 2, 2009
(closed account) says:
lovely!
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
great idea!
Posted 14 years ago
tomvanbraeckel says:
Thanks for the tip ! I'll try this and see how it goes...

Here's my list (at the moment):
- Think compassionately about a person you don't like - everyone basically wants the same (8 mei 09)
- Think grateful thoughts about a few things that you're taking for granted (9 mei 09)
- Stop to pay attention to little things (like the smell of the roses) (10 mei 09)
- Compliment someone (14 mei 09)
- Give to a begger (21 mei 09)
- Start a conversation with a stranger (28 mei 09)
- Give a "just because" gift (7 jun 09)
Posted 14 years ago
lite1 says:
Great original post... Tom, thanks for sharing some of yours.
I'll add:
+ Remember a wonderful, joyful, expansive time in your life; deepen that feeling tone; now "send" the feeling into the near future and imagine what you can draw/create in your life that will bring about a similar feeling in the near future.

+ As you wake up in the morning, breathe in a full and relaxed manner, imagine what would give you and someone else joy today.

+ Walk or drive to a familiar destination and intentionally take the road less traveled, or never taken. Observe, explore, be open to something new.

+ Smile inwardly several times today before speaking to anyone.

+ Stretch and move in anyway that brings more aliveness.

+ Simply stop all doing for a few moments and just be - let go of any agenda.

Edward
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi burdejanie,

Nice idea! Just letting you know that your tip is this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your RTM account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 14 years ago
burdejanie says:
Emily -

Thank you - that's very exciting news! I'm happy to see that others like the tip and I'm looking forward to even more ideas.

Janelle
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Thank you for reminding me. Just added:

Schedule Massage (repeat every 3 months)
Posted 14 years ago
jc1961 says:
I've just added it. It's a great idea.
Thanks,
John
Posted 14 years ago