Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Blackberry beats iPhone as a RTM tool

(closed account) says:
I recently got a free upgrade to an iPhone but having tried out the prize-winning RTM implementation for the iPhone, I think I'll hang on to my Blackberry.

RTM is now an essential tool as far as I'm concerned and the Berry Tasks/RTM sync is excellent. The iPhone/RTM implementation is actually just a web link, so it's much slower and dosn't work if theres no signal.

Posted at 4:46pm on September 29, 2008
todd999 says:
I would have to agree that the Web app for iPhone is not as strong s a native app with offline sync could be... A native app could have more integration with mail.app and also the contacts app.

However I will not be going back to the BB so I hope a native app is on the way..

Posted 15 years ago
shadowz says:
Totally agree. I got pro account just for the syncing ability with my crackberry. Now that I am switching to an iPhone, I would like to see a native app on the iPhone also.

Anyhow, great work, I like what the RTM team did. =p
Posted 15 years ago
heisenman says:
I have been using the web version (mobile) of RTM on my Sprint BB and I'm thrilled with it. I use Opera Mini as the browser and am almost only using it for that reason (to manage my RTM stuff).

Sprints network is faster than any iPhone I've yet to see and so the back and forth between my BB Pearl and the RTM mobile site is fast enough that I can managemultiple lists, locations and tags without any real trouble. I almost prefer using it to the RTM website through my desktop!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
"I almost prefer using it to the RTM website through my desktop!"

Best of both worlds:
I've installed the mobile version of RTM in the sidebar of my desktop (courtest of Firefox) - superb. Much better than the iGoogle gadget (which is good).
Posted 15 years ago
brennan.browne says:
@ixmorrison

Can you explain the procedure to accomplish this?
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Scuse the delay, Brennan, I don't follow this forum as closely as I should!

Go to the Mobile version of RTM and bookmark it. (Or the iGoogleversion, kind of same thing)
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/modules/googleig/
then from Firefox's Organize Bookmarks dialog, select the new bookmark, open its Properties, and check off "Load bookmark in sidebar." (you may have to "Open More" to see this option.
Thanks to Lifehacker for suggesting this!

Posted 15 years ago