Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Automatically create PDF's of your lists?

adamr says:
I would like to print a PocketMod (www.pocketmod.com) every day that includes my GTD @lists on separate pages.

To automate this, I would like to some way automatically have RTM go to each list of mine, click on the printer friendly format and output it to PDF so it can be placed on pages in my pocketmod.

Has anyone tried this?

I'm using a mac.
Posted at 3:11am on January 14, 2008
(closed account) says:
Second this wish.
Posted 15 years ago
scott.davies says:
you can use something like CutePDF which installs a dummy printer that outputs PDF. It saves them on your PC. Each list has a special URL you can use.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
easy enough to use automator
- Grab URL
- Print to PDF

you could even schedule it with I cal to do it every morning so it's waiting on your desktop
Posted 15 years ago
jose.rojas says:
In ubuntu, the package cups-pdf let's you print in PDF files the page you want :)

sudo aptitude install cups-pdf
Posted 15 years ago
dwr816 says:
On Mac, there is a "save to PDF" option available from the print dialog. Not sure about Windows.
Posted 15 years ago
rossgoodman says:
There is a version of pocketmod http://www.repocketmod.com/ that has a module for RTM !
It works a treat EXCEPT for you can only have one RTM list.
I wanted each page to have a different list, eg one page for @home one for @work etc.
According to the moderator for repocketmod there is nothing that can be done as he did not develop the RTM module and has no access to the code.
Ross
Posted 15 years ago