Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

gmail: add a task with no due date (anytime)

andyrwang says:
I answered this in another thread, but it was buried so I thought I would add it here as well since I've been trying to do this

"Is there anyway to designate a task as 'anytime' from the add task box in gmail?"

I've found sort of a way around it.....

The default is to enter the task for today. But you can change the default to be "never" which is the same as anytime.

It's under "Settings....Tasks" (gmail menu on the top right)

The consequence is that if you now want to enter a task for today you have to add "today" at the end
"pick up the milk today"

I'm not sure if there is a tag to get anytime, but I've tried every combination I could think of and couldn't get it to work the same as "today"

Posted at 5:48pm on January 12, 2008
cory.plastek says:
thanks, i had been looking for something like this
Posted 16 years ago
tomburke says:
thanks, that was bothering me too.
Posted 16 years ago
andrei.dolgushin says:
Thanks, it helped me as well.
Posted 15 years ago
nigel.marcussen says:
brilliant, thanks
Posted 15 years ago
jpab says:
Thanks for the fix.
Posted 14 years ago
photomarg says:
This may be totally dumb, but I don't seem to have a "Tasks" tab in my gmail Settings. I ran across this in connection with another issue and thought maybe it might be something to do with using Firefox rather than Chrome? Could this be? Or am I looking in the wrong place? I have my RTM tasks on a Google calendar, but there are a couple of other settings I'd like to use.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
photomarg,
The Tasks tab should show up if you have the add-on enabled, in either Firefox or Chrome. You should see it in your Gmail Settings, in the same place where you have General, Accounts, Labels, etc. If it's not there, it's possible you have an unsupported Gmail version, but it'd be good to double-check.
Posted 14 years ago
jkendrick says:
Google Apps Gmail doesn't support tasks. That's my problem
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
jkendrick,
Sure it does. Do you possibly have an unsupported Gmail version?
Posted 14 years ago