Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Adding a note within a Task at the same time as it’s created

nodonovan says:
Very often, I want to add a Note to a Task that I’ve just created.
In the past, I used to create the Task then search for the same Task to add the Note. *Very* time consuming.
There is a shortcut that I don’t think is very obvious in the Help Topics for RTM. I’ve certainly never found it.
All you need to do is add two slashes (that is, //) after you’ve written the Task, but before you press ‘Done’. This tells RTM to add a Note, dated today, to the Task.
This saves a lot of keystrokes. Invaluable.
Posted at 10:56am on February 4, 2021
nailseauk says:
Excellent tip, thank you
Posted 3 years ago
ankylosaurus says:
big thumbs up!
Posted 2 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yes! That is very handy to use.
Here are lots more such shortcuts:
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answer/basics-smartadd-howdoiuse

I hope people find them useful.
Posted 2 years ago
(closed account) says:
Neat tip indeed!
Posted 2 years ago
dougbrown77 says:
you can take it a step further and add a note if you like...just type the // and then whatever note you want
Posted 2 years ago
antoinebugleboy says:
Is there a keyboard shortcut to open the task you just created? If not, I wish there were.
Posted 2 years ago
(closed account) says:
antoinebugleboy - I don't know of a keyboard shortcut to open the task you just created, but you can click the link in the confirmation that shows up for a few seconds at the top of the screen (on the web version, anyway).
Posted 2 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi nodonovan, this is a very helpful tip! (And sorry this feature is a little bit hidden!)

We've shared your tip as our Tips & Tricks Tuesday post on the Remember The Milk blog, and upgraded your account with a free year of Pro :)
Posted 2 days ago