Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Track your projects, not just to-do list

riazullah says:
I used to monitor a master list of to-do items that I struggled to prioritize on a daily basis.

After reading/listening to some productivity advice. I have been tracking my projects instead of to-do lists. In essence, the approach is to review all open projects on daily basis and identify one or 2 activities on a daily basis that need to be accomplished that day in order to make progress on one or more projects. This project based approach helps me pick at the most valuable task that will move my projects closer to completion.

There are 2 ways to accomplish this in RTM.
1) You can create each of your project as a list. Tasks per project go to the relevant list
2) The approach that I have adapted is, to create lists for active projects and passive projects each. Then add each project as a task within that list. You can then list subtasks within each of these projects. A pro account will help to track each of these subtasks with a due date, priority etc.

Some of my projects are: Career progressoin, Sell home, Author a book, Trip to France and India.

The nice thing with RTM is you can still look at your master list of tasks in a snap just by selecting 'All tasks' option. Hence the change shouldn't be hard. Give it a try and share your feedback.
Posted at 1:26am on June 9, 2019
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi riazullah,

Awesome tip! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 4 years ago