Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Track current task with Priority Flag

john.turknett says:
I use the priority flag to sort my tasks as well as determine the current task I am working.

'Priority 1' tasks I need to get done without question. While everything else has 'No Priority'.

When I start a task I mark is as 'Priority 3', which moves it up to the top. If I have to step away in the middle of the task I know where I was when I come back. When the task is complete reset it to 'No Priority' and complete.
Posted at 7:34pm on September 11, 2018
(closed account) says:
Interesting idea - this would probably work very well for me when sorting tasks by priority, but grouped by due date, or even vice versa - just changing the priority to move the task up would be probably better than sorting by drag-and-drop, as I simply like the grouped view more.
Posted 5 years ago
antoinebugleboy says:
I've started using Priority 1 for time-dependent tasks, and Priority 2 for day-dependent tasks. I.e., P1 tasks have to be done at or by a certain time, or else it's no good. P2 can be done any time but by or on a certain day. P3 is my actual "priority" pile, where I want to get these done first, outside of time-sensitive tasks.
Posted 5 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi John,

Simple but very handy! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 5 years ago