Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Use smart lists and priorities to easy plan your focus tasks

catyr says:
I wanted a really easy way to plan and focus on what I'm doing this week, today and right now.

I set up 4 smart lists that I can drag and drop tasks between:
NOW = priority:1
Today = priority:2
This Week = priority:3
The Rest = priority:none

In my weekly review, I go through my tasks and allocate what I want to do that week either by marking it with priority 3 or by drag and dropping it into my "This Week" smart list.

Each day, I look over my This Week list and move tasks to Today by changing their priority to 2 (or by drag and dropping onto the Today smart list).

Any tasks I want to focus on right now, I mark with priority 1 or drag into my NOW list.

This also works the other way. If I have too much on my list for today, I can easily change the tasks' priority to 3 or drag them to the This Week smart list to tackle them later this week.

Or if I want to drop items off my list to do this week, then I just change the priority to none or simply dragging them to The Rest smart list which accomplishes the same thing.

Because these are all smart lists based on priorities, my tasks can all live in their own project lists but I also have a really easy top level view of what I'm working on this week, today and right now.
Posted at 11:05am on February 25, 2018
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi catyr,

Great tip! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 5 years ago