Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Clear actions for easy execution

jhonnysabino says:
I want to share a simple and effective idea that improved the progress of my actions using RTM.

Practicing GTD, I realized that the weekly review sometimes I lacked see the reason for every action. Then at the end of each next action, I'm adding a "to (...)". Example: "clean the fan to help air quality of my room."

This works because the more clear is the action for me, the easier it is to perform.

I do not know if that would help someone else, but since it has improved my number of next actions made per day, wanted to share. I hope it is useful in some way!
Posted at 9:29pm on February 15, 2016
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jhonnysabino, thanks for sharing your tip! :) You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've upgraded your Remember The Milk with a free year of Pro.
Posted 7 years ago
progress4ward says:
I really love this idea! Makes me really think about why I'm doing what I'm doing. Example: "Search for a new internet provider to save money." I thought it was just because I didn't like my provider! But, now I see the bigger reason. When I question the why. Very eye-opening! Even motivational! Example: "Strength train to increase bone density." Realizing that it's not just about muscle, but aging with healthy, strong bones motivates me. Oh dear, now I want to go through all of my to-dos & rename them! But, maybe I'll realize a lot of them don't have good reasons that benefit my life. Maybe I can delete some! Thanks!!
Posted 7 years ago