Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

My approach to use RTM during the trip

nemolinero says:
I would like to share my experience of using RTM before and during the travelling.
What is necessary to do when you are preparing to the new trip? Right, a list of staff that you take. My approach is to start to write list as earlier as you can. For example one week before the trip. That's why I have a tag "travelling". I marked everyting that I remember during the week. So in the end of the week I just print the entire list and pach my suitcase. Thank for this feature RTM!

During the trip my brain is on vacation. At least for two or three days. After that a many thoughts appears. I divide them into three parts: free time and to buy.

I marked with "free time" tasks that is not important to me but interesting to know. It's kinda self-education. To find or to check some information on the Internet.

"To buy" is reminder for buying things that you discover during the trip. For example this summer I met a girl that use special ointment for medical purposes. This oinment is made of honey and bee's poison and is very effective. My wound had closed soon. I decided to buy it at home city. How not to forget? To write it and mark with proper tag.

Moreover last trip I used "temp" tag because I have a lot of activities with other people. In order to remembering about promised affairs I use "temporary" tag. For examle to ask someboby about his professinal occupation or to send picture form the last meeting and so on. It were affairs that I must complete during the trip. "Now and here". These tasks didn't mix with another ones due to separate tag.

p.s. Tagging is a great tool to differ any type of tasks. For another cases there is a smart list with preference 'no tags'. Really convenient!
Posted at 1:10pm on October 6, 2015