Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Remember the Bills

robyn.sukenik says:
I've used Remember the Milk as a reminder to pay through my bills for a very long time, but recently I found a way to make things even easier using the note section in Remember the Milk.

Whereas previously, I would see a reminder in Remember the Milk to pay my water bill, for example, and then pull the hard copy or e-copy of the bill to find the information like a phone number or the web address for bill pay - now I just keep all of the information I need to pay the bill in the notes section.

For example, my water bill looks like this:

Pay Water Bill ^ August 1 *every month #bills

Once that's entered, I enter in to the task's notes sections and add all of the information I need to pay the bill looking only at Remember the Milk:

Account: Acme Water
Account Name: Bob Monkey
Customer Number: 100045
Bill Pay Phone #: 1 800 222 2222
Internet Bill Pay: www.paywater.com (login: my email)

Value per month: $100-$200 (this way I know if there's something wrong with the amount quoted).

Once I've used this to pay the bill I then record in a separate note the amount payed and the confirmation receipt number that proves the payment went through.

IE:

Paid May Bill - Confirmation #3487348 for 158.41 (on time)

This system is foolproof, even if you're traveling or a bill gets lost in the mail or delayed you can make sure you have all of the information you need to pay your bills on time.
Posted at 7:39am on July 6, 2015
micahmalloy says:
great idea!
Posted 8 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Robyn,

Great tip! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, so we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 8 years ago