Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Using lists to manage other's tasks

kuntal.raval says:
My mother has been slow to pick up on digital tech and I end up helping her do mundane tasks faster with digital alternatives. RTM can be a boon to manage this in a very structured mechanism.

I start with keeping a dedicated list for all activities that I do on behalf of my mother, say . This would have tasks like paying monthly bills online, simple transactions in her bank account etc. then, I would tag these using tags like @web, @errands so that when I do my own tasks for these tags I can also do my mother's tasks as needed. I also add monthly recurring frequency for these with repeats on weekends, so that these don't pop-up during weekdays at work.

Thus, using a dedicated list and common tags can help you manage other people's (parents, kids) tasks who might not be comfortable with or have access to tools like RTM.

This makes it easy to help others be more efficient . Do you have tips on how do you use RTM to help others?

- Kuntal.
Posted at 11:25am on July 12, 2014
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Kuntal,

Great tip! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 9 years ago