Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Task link In note to get link back from calendar, anyone doing this?

donnydl says:
I like everyone else would love the rtm calendar. Alas it's not here. Or a calendar that do two way sync, my understanding is this is also no.

Well I having been looking at other task apps and calendars and rtm just seems to suit me for tasks.

So I have Dione the following on one list just to try it, questions are any one else doing this before I change everything (I had last week linking trello to rtm tasks and realised that wasn't going to do what I wanted it to do). And what calendar is re people using if they are, is there a more direct method given the google al problem?

So here's what I did,
Copied the list link for the appropriate task, put it in notes on each task. Then took the list iCal and put it into google cal.
So when it popped up in google calendar if you click on the all day event it opened the event which has the link which takes you back to the task list so it can be clicked off. Obviously you need to have a rembered login on else you gave to login each time. That's for desktop.

But really I wanted this on my ipad/phone. It seems the URL calendars from google don't show on iOS calendar. So I tried a couple of calendars to find one that did and one that you can access the notes and they will be a hyperlink. So far I have sunrise. It is again more than 1 click, click to open event, click to get to note, click link but it does work.

So am I mad is this actually a longer way around or does it make sense?
Posted at 8:59pm on July 4, 2014