Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Get different notifications sounds for RTM on iPhones

gzebadua says:
Yes, you can add an SMS notification on RTM and then save the number on your address book and have a nice alert tone for that contact. The problem is that RTM keeps changing the numbers/addresses they send SMS alerts from (I haven't asked why). And I got tired of the default RTM notification sounds.

You can go around this by setting up a notification to another email address (I personally use my iCloud account for this since I rarely use it, that's what Gmail is for and Exchange/Outlook for work).
After you set up the email address on your mail application, go to Settings > Notification Center > Mail and select the new account you created. Select what notification type you want to receive and then change the Alert Sound. You can purchase any alert tone you like from the iTunes store or use any of the stock notifications sounds from Apple (iOS 7 tip, although I believe you can do the same on iOS 6 but on a different settings section).
I used Banner notifications and activated every toggle in that screen. Now when I get a reminder from RTM, I get a different sound, I see an banner alert showing partially what I need to do and I get an email to remind me of it as well :)
Posted at 7:33pm on May 21, 2014
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi gzebadua,
Just a note on the changing numbers: we use mobile providers' email-to-SMS services, and those often are delivered from changing numbers. We don't specify those but simply send them to the provider's email address for your particular number. Hope that helps explain that detail!
Posted 9 years ago