Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Making emailing tasks to RTM much easier

scottandrews1974 says:
One of the things that was a deal breaker for me with other to do list apps/websites and a deal MAKER for me with RTM was the ability to email tasks, with due date and everything, from any email address, in pretty much plain English.

But that email address they give you to which to email tasks? Who can remember that? I set up a gmail account just for RTM, something simple, like emailtasks@emailprovider.com or something and set it up to auto forward to the email address RTM provides me. Sure makes it a lot easier to email tasks.

And, if you set the account to auto forward everything to your RTM email, but save a copy, you have a back up of your past tasks...sort of a historical record.

Also, with gmail, go to your settings in that account you use to forward the tasks and set your signature up as a template for emailing tasks. Set your signature to use whatever abbreviated task properties you use most often, like below, and you can sign into your rtmtasks@emailprovider account and fill in the details of your task without having to enter all the abbreviations...they're already there in your signature.

D:
L:
P:
E:

etc.

Just make sure you check the box when you set up the signature that says, "Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the "--" line that precedes it."
Posted at 5:53am on March 28, 2014
(closed account) says:
I often use emailing tasks, and I create RTM as a contact in my contactlist. So when I need to mail a task I only type RTM as the recipient. I change the subject to add codes for due date, priority and so on. Very simple and no need to configer a forwarding email-account ...
Posted 10 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Nice use of the signature, remembering the syntax is not easy.
Maybe it's even better not to use the abbreviations in this case but instead the full text.
Posted 10 years ago