Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

What my RTM has evolved into

dbblues says:
Thought I'd share how my RTM is organized after a good few years of playing with different approaches, many stolen from this forum. The most effective and easiest to use format for me has emerged (thus far) as follows.

1. Four smart lists, each linked to an RTM priority level. These I label as Must, Should, Could and Wait. They correspond to priority levels 1, 2, 3 and none. Aside from the Inbox, these are the only lists I show in tabs.

2. A regular list for each project. These I prefix with a '+' so they show up first in my tag cloud.

3. A set of five tags relating to the kind of action each task calls for: 'arrange', 'explore', 'prepare', 'review', and 'sendout'. These seem to capture most of my project activities. I used to use 'delegate' sometimes, but that just seemed to one form or aspect of 'arrange'.

The combination of these smart lists, regular lists and tags work well for me on my pc, nexus phone, and nexus tablet. Earlier versions were much more complex, but not more useful or comfortable.

I'm happy to share a screenshot of how it looks on the pc, if anyone is interested. Thanks RTM for an excellent product. I've tried all the rest and keeping coming back.

Cheers,
David Brown
Winnipeg, Canada
Posted at 12:46am on December 28, 2013
cobrastyle says:
Hi David,

I wouldn't mind seeing a screenshot, if it's not too much trouble. Like you, I enjoy seeing what others are doing in case I should modify the way I do things as well.

A challenge for me is figuring out how to display data consistently between the iphone app and the web site. I've tried various add-ons, etc, but sometimes more structure and customization doesn't transfer to the mobile app. Your setup sounds simple and refined.

Something that I struggle with is having a setup that allows me to see a similar layout that separates Home vs Work tasks.
Posted 10 years ago
adityapatil says:
Hi David,

Sounds interesting. How do you keep track of actions you are waiting for others to complete?
Posted 10 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi David,

I really like the combination you've come up with -- you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 10 years ago