Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

The usefulness of a Festivities list!

natenauert says:
My wife and I are both the youngest of six kids in our families, so between the siblings and all the in-laws, step-parents, and good friends in our lives, we send a LOT of birthday cards each year! In most cases, when someone is special enough to us to warrant sending a card and/or gift, we both want to write a personal note as well. The only problem is sitting down at the same time to do so numerous times month after month, creating lots of individual to-do items that we have to tackle case by case.

Enter RTM, and our Festivities task list! On the first of every month a task pops up titled "Fill out all birthday cards for the month." In a note attached to the task, we keep a month-by-month breakdown of relevant birthdays. That way, we can sit down just once to do all the note-writing, stamp-licking, address-enscribing necessary for the whole month. We then have tasks pop up about 1 week before each birthday that simply says "Place Shawn's card in the mail," and recurs annually. That way the card is all ready to go and the only thing to be done is to mail it in a timely manner--not too early, not too late.

So now we never forget the milk…or a loved one's birthday!
Posted at 5:34pm on June 6, 2013
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi natenauert,

This is a really nice tip! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner; we've added a free year of Remember The Milk Pro to your account. :)
Posted 10 years ago
aforementionedthoughts says:
Great idea! I always want to be thoughtful with cards, but find myself forgetting to them out all too often.
Posted 10 years ago