Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Collecting Music in your RTM

arunaugustine says:
You hear some wonderful music and wish you could get the Album/Artist/Music name in your RTM list to remember to buy it or listen to it more often?

Here is how:

1. Install SoundHound app on your smartphone. It can recognize music by listening to it! Plus live lyrics too
2.Enable twitter sharing in the app by going to settings and enabling twitter sharing.
3. In the option called: Default share text type: d rtm #MusicILove (or any other tag)

If you have connected twitter to your RTM account, bingo you get the Name of the music and a link to it directly into your RTM setup.
Posted at 3:56am on November 17, 2012
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Nice tip, well worth a Tip of the Week mention!
I'll set this up.
Posted 11 years ago
And it worked right away, great!
Posted 11 years ago
This works so well that I have to add a third post in a row:

When listening to a great song on the radio, I start the app, shake it (!) if it was already running and let it listen to the song for 5-10 seconds. After that an automatic tweet is sent to RTM with task name "Music - Name of song/artist", tag "soundhound". There's even an URL to a video with the song. And all I did was start the app and shake the phone!

Setting this up takes no more than 5 minutes and works really well!
Posted 11 years ago
arunaugustine says:
@ rajjan Thanks for trying it out!
Posted 11 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi arunaugustine,

Cool idea! Your tip is this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 11 years ago
arunaugustine says:
Great!! Thanks a lot Emily :)

Posted 11 years ago