Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Keeping up with cosmetics!

amberiam says:
There's almost nothing more disgusting than using outdated cosmetics, but if you're a makeup hound like me, then you may not always remember when you bought things or when they're expired (and makeup packaging isn't always clear about expiration dates). Thankfully, I can use Remember the Milk to figure out when you need to throw away that mascara.

When I buy a new product, I will record it in a "cosmetics" list in RTM. Then, using guidelines (http://www.bellasugar.com/When-throw-makeup-away-guidelines-cosmetic-life-span-1124422), I'll set up a reminder for a certain time period so I'll know when something is nearing the end of its lifespan and another reminder a day or two after the product expires. This helps me save money because I don't have to throw away products that went bad before I used them, and it keeps my cosmetics box neat and up-to-date.
Posted at 7:04pm on July 2, 2012
(closed account) says:
Very good idea, you could apply the same methodology to keep an eye on medicines, syrups and tablets.
If you rarely get sick it's quite possible that the stuff you got a the last time will be pass the expiry.
Posted 11 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi amberiam,

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your Remember The Milk account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 11 years ago