Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Adobe Air app

bardic.knowledge says:
I'm not capable of it, but I thought I would throw the idea out there to see if anyone else would/could do it.

Basically use Air to create a small desktop app that allows me few my events. If I could add/complete them that would be a bonus.
Posted at 6:31pm on September 27, 2007
bzpilman says:
Even more so with MilkSync out there now.
Posted 16 years ago
dannydeberry says:
I am using the new ebay desktop which uses Adobe Air - I would LOVE to see RTM use this technology.
Posted 16 years ago
woodward says:
I agree, RTM is the type of app that would work really well in a desktop/online atmosphere. It already sort of does with google gears, maybe a good idea to wait to see what gears does (since they're still in beta) before developing a whole AIR app....i dunno....
Posted 16 years ago
ggrell says:
Today it took about 5 minutes to get RTM's iGoogle widget into an AIR app using the Aptana IDE. Playing with it to see how well it works.
Posted 16 years ago
jamie.good says:
Neat idea!

I've also put the rememberthemilk website into an Adobe Air app.

It's very simple. Just an iframe with a little extra logic. But the neat feature is that the app will stay in the system tray on WinXP. Whe you minimise it will not appear on the taskbar but stay out of the way in the system tray. You can restore it from there.

That should do some people until the RTM guys do a proper Adobe AIr app.

It's available here
http://www.weeatbricks.com/2008/03/03/remember-the-milk-using-adobe-air/
Posted 16 years ago
erifneerg says:
hmmm, this isn't anything different then what Prism has. it's gonna pretty hard to make a AIR app w/o a different API
Posted 16 years ago
drundel says:
it doesn't work. "This application requires a version of Adobe AIR which is no longer supported"
Posted 15 years ago
icedogas says:
:(
Posted 15 years ago
us says:
@jamie.good - The AIR app is not working
Posted 15 years ago
bduenskie says:
I would love to see an AIR app for RTM!!
Posted 15 years ago
kkaland says:
+1 from me! Actually more than +1 but you get the idea. For reference material look at the Todoist Sidebar Firefox plugin and the Toggl.com Toggl Desktop app they have. This would be cool to see. These AIR apps are pretty useful, I have to admit, just cuz they eliminate the need to keep certain windows open in a browser and delegate the task to desktop icons, which is cool :)

Kevin
Posted 15 years ago
djensen47 says:
I agree. I use so many tabs in my browser that RTM gets lost and becomes less useful. An AIR app would help it be distinct and easy to access as I need it throughout the day.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Would be nice a Adobe Air app from the RTM team :)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Check this one out:

http://lifehacker.com/5113035/remember-the-task-puts-remember-the-milk-in-a-stand+alone-window
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1

Posted 15 years ago
mitchsw says:
What I would like to see is a standalone app/wrapper such as AIR, but I don't want to loose the Gears offline functionality.

Can Google Gears make standalone windows?
Posted 15 years ago
jblaha says:
I agree. I would love to see a RTM app using Adobe AIR. That would be awesome! I would be cool to be able to post new events and get popup notifications for reminders.
Posted 15 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
Works for me but the question is why would I want to use it when I have it open in one tab of Firefox at all times? I also have RTM in my Google page. Any suggestion as to why having an Air app that consumes almost as much CPU as FF would be useful?
Posted 15 years ago
gui.azurdia says:
BTW, love what you did with it. Nice
Posted 15 years ago
alex.denning says:
+1 from me.
Posted 14 years ago
chrillo.at says:
I am currently making an air application for rtm that has built in offline support

see this thread http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/7477/

The alpha will launch next week
Posted 14 years ago
alecrust says:
I've created a Remember The Milk Adobe AIR app, download it from here:

http://www.alecrust.com/RTM.air

Let me know what you think!

Alec
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
david.minder says:
Hey, "Remember The Task" seems to be a good adobe air "remember the milk" application.
Posted 14 years ago
cornielje says:
http://www.alecrust.com/RTM.air > Nice, but it indeed eats extra CPU/RAM and no extra functionality.

Remember the task is very nice, eats just a little CPU and gives you a great overview (no clutter). Well done!

All I need now are reminders on my desktop.
Posted 14 years ago
relevart says:
I don't like the idea. I recently tried out an AIR app, but it was slow, and pain to use. Even the uninstallation took over a minute. But it was just a simple timer program.

I dont know if it's common, but from what i saw i really hate this AIR platform.
Posted 12 years ago
james.m.l.cramer says:
I want an official Adobe Air version, that can cache the tasks for offline use. For when internet is not available like on a plane, etc. Could be made just like the iPAD version but runs on Air.
Posted 12 years ago