Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Return to the task list after completing a task

hmiyaza1 says:
When RTM of a mobile version is used, I think that it takes a lot of steps and time for the operation that continuously completes the task.
I hope for the interface to be able to do more quickly consecutive completion operation.

For example, When I push the complete button in task-edit-screan, it move to the task-list-screen at once...

I love RTM. And, it brings happiness to my task management.
Thank you.
Posted at 3:05am on March 17, 2007
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
hmiyaza1, thanks for your feedback! We like this idea -- perhaps we could make a setting to return directly to the task list after completing/postponing a task.

If you have any other suggestions for ways that we could make the mobile version faster to use, please let us know :)

Glad that you're enjoying RTM! :)
Posted 16 years ago
hmiyaza1 says:
emily, thanks for your reply.

Please let me make another proposal of this.
May be not general, but I am interested in the preparation to the multiple-edit-mode-screen newly.
That screen has four functions.
1. Two or more tasks are completed at a time.
2. Two or more tasks are postponed at a time.
3. The priority of two or more tasks is changed at a time.
4. The list of two or more tasks is changed at a time.
(using checkboxes...)

How about it?
Posted 16 years ago
This would be pretty interesting too. I'm not sure if it would be possible in the current mobile web interface, but it would definitely be cool in a mobile application. We will keep this one in mind :)
Posted 16 years ago
stevhill says:
I'd like to see more extensive use of the number key shortcuts. Presently, once you get past the initial screen, the shortcut keys are gone. Maybe something like 0 always goes to Home, etc. An example of a good implementation of this is Google Reader mobile edition.

However, would just like to say that I love RtM. I first played with it a good while ago, and recently came back. The mobile edition completely sold me, and has such good implementation that I've now ditched my offline todo management completely.

FYI, I use a Treo 650.

PS. Also love the 'main' version.
Posted 16 years ago
stevhill, thanks for your feedback! We can take a look at further shortcuts in a future version -- this sounds like it would be handy. Glad you're enjoying the service :)
Posted 16 years ago
david.brooks says:
Sorry to be a nag, but has there been any movement on the initial suggestion (of having a default button for "Complete task and return to previous list")?

I tried to use RTM for my shopping list the other day, ticking tasks off as I wandered around the supermarket. I spent twice as long as usual, because every time I completed a task I had to select the task, scroll up to the complete button, then scroll down to the "Back to Shopping" link (where "Shopping" is the name of my list).

Adding access-keys (e.g. 1 for "Back to Shopping") would achieve a similar effect, as stevhill observes.

Alternatively, simply moving the navigation links ("Back to Shopping") to a similar position on screen to the "Complete" button would minimise scrolling, which seemed to be the real time-sap. This would be the least preferable option of those suggested above, however.

If I could get my "ticking items off on the hoof" time down to that of a shopping list, I think this would be a killer app. Not that it's far off presently, of course ;)
Posted 15 years ago