Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

iCal & Outlook

bobjonas says:
I'm trying to import a list of birthdays into Outlook 2003 using remote calendars.

After inserting the link for the iCal, getting a prompt for user name and password, I then get an error message 'The recurrence pattern is not valid'.

I've got the birthdays to repeat annually. Anyone else had any problems with this?
Posted at 12:10am on October 31, 2005
daniele.tiles says:
Hi,
probably it's a bug in RC or in Outlook...I've developed RC with the support for years recurrence...
Could you post me your iCalendar so I can debug it? :))
Thank you

Daniele
Posted 18 years ago
bobjonas says:
BEGIN:VCALENDAR VERSION:2.0 X-WR-CALNAME:Birthdays PRODID:-//Remember The Milk//rtm.service.ICal.Export 1.0//EN BEGIN:VTIMEZONE TZID:Europe/London X-LIC-LOCATION:Europe/London BEGIN:DAYLIGHT TZOFFSETFROM:+0000 TZOFFSETTO:+0100 TZNAME:BST DTSTART:19700329T010000 RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=3 END:DAYLIGHT BEGIN:STANDARD TZOFFSETFROM:+0100 TZOFFSETTO:+0000 TZNAME:GMT DTSTART:19701025T020000 RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10 END:STANDARD END:VTIMEZONE BEGIN:VTODO DTSTART;TZID=Europe/London:20051012T182945 SUMMARY:Bob UID:AEB67D8B-41BF-4855-8507-8CA325D2B82B DUE;VALUE=DATE:20051123 RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;COUNT=20 END:VTODO BEGIN:VTODO DTSTART;TZID=Europe/London:20051030T233451 SUMMARY:Robert UID:AA7ACA38-C4E0-461D-888E-D3CC4A2CCE61 DUE;VALUE=DATE:20060111 RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;COUNT=20 END:VTODO BEGIN:VTODO DTSTART;TZID=Europe/London:20051012T182851 SUMMARY:Clare UID:B9CBA0C2-A57D-4E66-B8DB-80A747516E17 DUE;VALUE=DATE:20060201 RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;COUNT=20 END:VTODO END:VCALENDAR
Posted 18 years ago
daniele.tiles says:
Hi,
than to you, I found a major bug in RC when creating Recurring Rules...this version fix it:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=144247&package_id=158788
I tried with your iCalendar, and all the appointments have been correctly created...:)
Thank you very much

Daniele
Posted 18 years ago
bobjonas says:
Daniele

Thanks for your help so far. The tasks get imported ok now, but the due date for all tasks seems to be the date I set them up on RTM - not the due date I assigned them.

Also, one for the wish list, is it possible for remote calendar to remember my username and password?

Thanks

Bob
Posted 18 years ago
daniele.tiles says:
Hi,
well, the DUE date problem is a 50% between RC and RTM ;)...I found they changed something in how they produce the iCalendar, so I had to fix the RC...but if you look at your iCalendar, you'll see that the DUE date is wrong (one day before the one you inserted in RTM)
If none has posted this bug, I'll do it...however, you can find the new version of RC on the same link...

About your wish list...well, in the future (don't ask me when, I'm still studying at the University) I'll make a major refactoring of RC...if I'll find a smart & secure way to save the login I'll do it, I promise ;)
Bye

Daniele
Posted 18 years ago
bobjonas says:
Thanks Daniele.
Posted 18 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
This has now been fixed :)
Posted 18 years ago
daniele.tiles says:
"Also, one for the wish list, is it possible for remote calendar to remember my username and password? "

Merry Christmas/Hannukah/Happy New Year...this wish has been satisfied :) by the latest version of RC, the 3.5.
Hope you'll like it ;)

Daniele
Posted 18 years ago
tgiggy says:
Hi Daniele - hope you're still around! I'm using RC to import my tasks from RTM to Outlook 2003, then Activesync to put them onto my phone. So far, it's working great! But, I have one question...

The tasks that do not have a specific due date in RTM are imported into Outlook with a due date of the day I entered them into RTM. This, of course, causes them to appear at the top of all my lists instead of at the bottom, where they should be since they do not have a due date. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'd like for them to be imported with a due date of "None".

Thanks,

Travis
Posted 18 years ago
daniele.tiles says:
Hi,
I'm still here :)...unofortunately, I think it's not possible, but tomorrow I'll make some experiments (I think this way because, when you manually create a TaskItem and then you add a StartDate...the Due property is automatically set :(()
Bye

Daniele
Posted 18 years ago
sylvain.briant says:
I have outlook and installed the latest PIA and Remote but I don't see Remote Toolbar and I can't add calendar :( I you have solution :)
Posted 18 years ago
daniele.tiles says:
Hi sylvain.briant,
did you try the VSTO version? This should solve many (not all, unfortunately :() ...

tgiggy...unfortunately I haven't found yet a way to do it... :(
Bye

daniele
Posted 17 years ago
sugar75 says:
check if you're using Activesync.
Activesync seems provoke many problems on outlook toolbars and other outlook plugins.
in my case, RC toolbar shows normally, after I kill Activesync process.
this may help your case
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.