Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Dependant subtasks idea

fizzyice says:
What I have tried to do is create the dependant subtasks effect by making a smart list to display available tasks that suit my criteria with only tasks that don’t have their own subtasks, ‘does not have subtasks’. This is to create the illusion of dependent tasks so that I can work from a subtask on level III first, then when that level III subtask is completed the level II subtask will automatically show, and when that is completed the main task will automatically show. But when I complete the first subtask on level III RTM still thinks that the completed subtask is still available and won’t display level II subtask. The only way to achieve dependent tasks using 'does not have subtasks' is by deleting the subtasks individually once they have been completed. This is awkward, especially when using repeating tasks, as by doing this the deleted tasks fail to repeat again. Is there anyway that the system can recognise these completed subtasks as not available rather than having to delete them?. If this could be possible it would be a great way to achieve dependent tasks that people are asking for.
Posted at 7:56am on March 26, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi fizzyice,
This isn't currently possible but thanks for your feedback! You may want to submit this in our Ideas Forum where others can vote it up as well.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.