Do you love nothing more than creating beautiful, user-friendly interfaces for both the web and mobile devices? Do you enjoy creating awesome experiences for users? Are you a pixel perfectionist? This might be the position for you!
What does a UI Designer do at Remember The Milk?
You'll be responsible for user experience and visual design for both new products and feature enhancements of existing products. You'll also be responsible for HTML/CSS for web products. Products you'll work on include our web app, mobile apps (currently Android, iPhone, and iPad), gadgets and integrations for third-party products (Gmail, Google Calendar, etc), and anything new and crazy we come up with! You'll collaborate with other UI designers, product managers, and engineers to develop innovative and user-friendly products that users love. This is a full-time, "work from anywhere" position (Earth-dwellers only, please).
An ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrated experience in designing outstanding web and mobile apps as a key member of a design team
- Experience in designing early stage/new products, as well as new versions and/or feature enhancements of existing products
- Strong, clean visual design sense
- A solid understanding of user-centered design principles
- Fluency in HTML and CSS, and expert knowledge of Adobe Fireworks
- Demonstrated ability to follow interface guidelines and best practices when designing for new platforms (e.g., Android, iOS)
- Fanatical attention to detail down to the pixel
- A passion for all things web and mobile!
- Academic background in human-computer interaction (HCI) or related field
- A passion for productivity and task management in general
- Being an active user of Remember The Milk
A little about us and how we work
- We're a small company founded in Sydney, Australia by two people and one stuffed monkey. We're now based in San Francisco.
- Our team is distributed around the world, with team members living on 5 different continents. We don't have an office.
- Everyone works from home and sets their own hours (whether you like to start your day at 6am, 11am, or 3pm, that's fine with us :).
- We keep in touch with each other primarily over a private IRC channel, as well as email and IM.
- We have a company meet-up once a year, where we bring the whole team together.
- We love and use open source software, and try to open source everything we can.
- We're all a little bit crazy (as evidenced by one of our founders being a stuffed monkey).
Interested in this position? Please email email@example.com
with the subject "UI Designer" and include the following:
- A little bit about yourself.
- The name of a web app you think has awesome UI/UX, and what makes it so awesome.
- Links to web and mobile apps where you were a key member of the design team (please describe your role).
- Your resume.