Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Managing a fraternity

rotocastro says:
First of all It's important to clarify that I am a Brazilian user of RTM, so the names on the pictures will be kind of strange to my fellows RTM american users.

I use RTM to manage my fraternity. I live in a house with eleven other guys and a dog. We used to have a lot of problems to memorize and organize our "To-do's", and almost every monday night meeting someone would come along with that old excused: "Oh... I forgot, I will do it for next week for sure".

And the other 11 would wait for the rest of their academic lives too see it. Fortunatly I found RTM searching for Task Managers.

So, this is how we (because I've created an account for the fraterny) do it.

At first we've created 12 folders named after our names (heheh).

Then at the beggining of wich meeting someone is responsable to write down the obligations and transfer them to the RTM.

The "to-do's" are written like this:

Fuska: fix the sink
Ebola: clean the swimming pool
Prostata: cote monster barbecue prices

We allocate each task to someone's folder name and we have all registered our e-mail so that the RTM can alert us!

I am not saying that everyone fills their obligations, but we've increased from 0% of eficiency to 70%.

Thank you RTM!
Posted at 11:32pm on March 10, 2010
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi rotocastro,

It's great to hear that RTM is helping! :) I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner -- we've upgraded your RTM account to have a free year of Pro.
Posted 14 years ago
peter.hemmi says:
Hi Emily, Rotocastro,

This is a nice approach, but does it mean everyone who has emails registered gets notified on all the events?

I suppose another way would be to create 12 accounts, I tried that approach with my family and created 4 accounts. But the issue was that only the person logged in get's a reminder... so it defeats the purpose of my assigning a task to my son if I get the reminder email instead of him...

Thoughts?

Brgds, Peter
Posted 14 years ago