Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Spotify the Milk

(closed account) says:
I'm an avid Spotify user, and love finding new music to listen to. However, I've got heaps of playlists and I was often adding stuff to listen to later, then forgetting about it, losing it in my ever increasing list of music.

It just occurred to me today, wouldn't it be cool if I could add albums/artists/tunes to RTM, stuff that I'd like to listen to when I get the chance.

So I tried dragging a link from Spotify into the smart add field of RTM, and it works! It adds the URL to the task, then I just tag it with .spotify, and I created a smart list based on this tag, and hey presto, I have a list of stuff I want to listen to, but not necessarily keep in a permanent playlist. I can now open artists/albums directly from RTM when I have the opportunity to listen to some tunes. Sweet. I wonder if it would work with the iPhone app too, that would be cool, but I don't think the iPhone app supports these URIs yet.

Posted at 6:28pm on February 4, 2010
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Great idea! Hopefully Spotity will be available in more countries soon - great service!
Posted 14 years ago
tchiky says:
Hi!
Spotify is not available in my country either...
I have found www.tv243.com a great alternative
Posted 14 years ago
hpb says:
Nice tip. I would never have thought about trying this :)
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
odelaney, you really shouldn't submit such awesome tips -- give someone else a chance to win Tips & Tricks Tuesday. :D

This tip is this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Pro to your account. :)
Posted 13 years ago
dmccall says:
Great idea, though there is no need to wait for Spotify. This already works with Rhapsody!
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
Awesome, thanks Emily! I'll keep quiet for a while now ;)
Posted 13 years ago
mrxinu says:
Why did you prefix your smart lists with periods?
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
mine just posts the spotify link... am I doing something wrong?
Posted 13 years ago