Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Check for incomplete filled tasks

(closed account) says:
I mainly use the web interface and the iPhone App for creating new tasks. The new Smart Add Feature is really nice, but sometimes I forgot to add a priority or tags.

That's why I created a Smart List called "Check". It searches for tasks with one or more of these criteria:
- isTagged:false : Tasks without any tags and therefore not good to find.
- list:Inbox : Every task has to be in a specific list for me. Everything in the inbox has to be sorted.
- (NOT timeEstimate:"> 0") : Task without any time estimates.
- due:never : Without a due date means I will forget it completly.
- priority:none : Without a priority my tasks aren't ordered probably on my iPhone.

The complete search is:
isTagged:false OR list:Inbox OR (NOT timeEstimate:"> 0") OR due:never OR priority:none

I don't use the location, so it's not included. But you could easily add hasLocation:false for getting all tasks without a location.

Now I can open up the Smart List once a day and complete the specific tasks. As soon as you fill in the missed fields, the task will disappear from the Smart List.
Posted at 11:44am on October 27, 2009
rossgoodman says:
Now wouldn't it be cool if the list tabs (especially smart lists) showed you the number of items on them so you wouldn't even need to click on your "Check" tab unless it had items!
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I have always liked the idea of having disappearing check lists, that would be present when something met their criteria, and vanished when they were empty.

Great for check lists, and also for bills or any other notification you seek.
Posted 14 years ago