Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Update your curriculum vitae and have it completely ready when you need it

fbiljecki says:
A lot of people from time to time have to send their CVs to various institutions, and the contents of their CVs are normally changing through time. To avoid changing and updating my CV in panic every time before a deadline for submitting it is close and while preparing it quickly forgetting about some important stuff I could put inside, I added a small reminder "Update your CV" to RTM, repeating every two months. So, every two months I add new stuff to my CV (e.g. projects completed, new skills, education/training completed, experience gained, new interests) and improve existing lines. In this way my CV is always ready and up-to-date for potential scholarships, employers and various organisations. Needless to say, by writing your CV little by little, you can't just forget to put some essential stuff in it.
If I suddenly get an idea to put something in my CV but don't have time to do so, I just add a note in the task and add it when the time for updating my CV comes.
Posted at 8:57pm on June 2, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
That is a good idea; thanks for sharing!

I use the Notes field in the same way; it's great for capturing ideas quickly so you don't forget about them later.
Posted 14 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi fbiljecki,

Thanks for this great tip! Your tip is this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've added a free year of Pro to your RTM account. :)
Posted 14 years ago
klaasdepoel says:
Didn't have that one in my list. Just added it, since it's a good one! Thanks. And congrats on the prize.
Posted 14 years ago
marcbetts says:
I have a similar task to remind me to update my LinkedIn profile. In addition to allow me to keep my data there up to date, the act of logging in and seeing what my network has been doing reminds me to keep in touch with people I may forget to contact regularly.
Posted 14 years ago
fbiljecki says:
Hi. Thanks :)
Posted 14 years ago