Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

How can I find out who is the author of a task?

lkrubner says:
We just started using Remember The Milk a month ago. Before that, we had been using Tadalists. We are now using RTM to keep track of the bugs in our web software projects. For our most recent roll-out, we had a large team of beta testers. Counting the client, the programmers, the designers, and the beta testers, we had about 12 people adding to our list of bugs. We set up one list and shared it with most of the people who were helping us beta test. At least 8 people had the authority to post new tasks to the list.

Now I'm going through the list and I'm trying to fix the bugs that have been listed. Sadly, some of the bugs lack specific info that I need. I need to ask follow up questions of whoever it was that added that task to the list. But how do I find out who this person is? How do I find out who is the author of the task?
Posted at 10:59pm on May 30, 2008
zhc says:
You can use their names as tags.
Posted 15 years ago
nathan.moked says:
You can ask members of your team to add tasks only by sending them by email. When you use Gmail and Firefox, the mail and the RTM task will be connected. If you want to know who the author of the ask is, all you have to do is hover your cursor over the intry in the task list.

Nathan Moked,
the Netherlands
Posted 15 years ago
lkrubner says:
Wow, so there is no way to find out the author of a task? Both of the suggestions so far are work-arounds. I find this surprising.
Posted 15 years ago
landon.springer says:
Are workarounds unacceptable in a "tips & tricks" forum? ;)
Posted 15 years ago
lkrubner says:
Workarounds are a fine topic of conversation in this forum. I simply said I was surprised. I'm also disappointed. This workaround won't work for my company.
Posted 15 years ago