Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Search lists (as in ListContains)

willyram says:
Hi, while I can search tasks in a myriad ways and that's aweome, I have quite a number of lists. So I'd like to have a way to search for lists, or to filter them by a search term, like using listcontains but the search results being lists themselves, which I could jump into with a click/touch. Is this possible?

Perhaps a search bar at the leftmost section, or a "filter" function, which could even be saved as "perspectives" so I can have a subset of lists for easier navigation.

If this is doable now I'd be glad to learn how to do it!

Thanks for all the work you've done. RTM is great!

Cheers,
G.
Posted at 3:03pm on November 20, 2022
(closed account) says:
This is a good idea. I don't know of a way to do that, but I'll be watching this post for replies.
Posted 1 year ago
mirthless29 says:
For me this function would be very useful.

Please RTM team, think about any kind of implementation!!!

My solution consist on three short of lists.
* The first starting with one dash "-" for work and related
* The second starting with two dashes "--" for personal or related
* Without any dash for ticklers, birthdays' list and reference lists
Ej:
-work
-safety
--household
--family
Reference
Birthdays
Tickler

This way list are shown ordered (-- before than -) in drop-down items and in SmartAdd in web and mobile. Using keyboard you can ignore the symbol because the system find the list with the letters.

You can filter with listContains:- for all spheres of responsibility of listContains:-- for only personal.

The same with tags. My system uses:
"_" + state: waitingfor, inprogress, ...
"." + computer app
"+delegated@" name
I use different same colour for each type to improve visibility.

With discipline, perhaps you can add a task starting with two dots in each list of interest for information for that list using the name and even notes. Then you can search for them. I've tried in the past but it wasn't really useful for me.
Posted 1 year ago