Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Smart list for every month

rawmilk1 says:
Hi, anyone can help me create a smart list for every month of the year?
I used to have 12 smart lists that allowed me to look at the tasks for every month. One list for January, one for Feb, March, etc etc.

I used this code for September:
dueWithin: "1 month of September 1st" .

This allows me to see how much needs to be done every month, helps to answer questions like: can I take on new projects or not etc.

With the new RTM layout, these smart lists are all empty because the program understands it as dates in 2023. I could put 2022 in the code, but then I'd need to change it every year which makes no sense.
Posted at 2:40pm on September 5, 2022
(closed account) says:
Whenever the ambiguous date in the dueWithin (or any other operator, I think) is in the past, RTM will assume you mean the next date that fits, which would be next year in this case. The only way to solve this, that I know of, is what you already know: specify the year as well making the date unambiguous.

It's not too difficult to change the date each year in the Smart List details. It's a yearly task to change the year for those Smart Lists. It should only take a couple minutes once per year.
Posted 1 year ago
rawmilk1 says:
Thanks for your idea. RTM reached out to me.
dueBefore:"October 1st" gives me a list for September. Only problem is it also takes all open tasks for August, July etc.

Not a lot of work no to change the dates in e.g. December but I'm still hoping for a more elegant solution.
Posted 1 year ago
(closed account) says:
Can you do something like this:
dueBefore:"October 1st" NOT dueBefore:"September 1st"

That should give you tasks that are due only in September.
Posted 1 year ago