Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Tasks due in a 5-day window centered at today

cfgauss says:
How can I create a Smart List of all tasks due two days before and two days after today? E.g. if t is today, these are tasks due on days t-2, t-1, t, t+1, t+2.
Posted at 6:29pm on April 23, 2021
lemayp says:
The dueWithin:"2 days" will warn you about everything due in 2 days or before. I have some smartlist using such an approach to forecast my 7days ahead.

I tried but could not find a way to reduce the list to "exclude" anything that past due more than 2 days ago. I tried to play around the "dueAfter:today" with something like "dueAfter:today-2d" but RTM didn't accept it.
Posted 3 years ago
(closed account) says:
The dueWithin:"3 days" would give you everything that's due today, tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow (t, t+1, t+2), but it would not include overdue items.

The dueBefore:"3 days" would give you everything that's due today, tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow (t, t+1, t+2), as well as all overdue tasks.

Like lemayp said, I don't think there's a way to limit the overdue tasks to just 2 days overdue without hardcoding the date. Based on today's date of Apr 26:
dueAfter:"04/23/21" NOT dueAfter:"3 days"
- or -
dueBefore:"3 days" NOT dueBefore:"04/23/21"

Using a due time might throw an additional wrinkle in this, so you may need to play around with the # days and the dates if you go this route. Of course, this option would be a lot of work if you want something that you'll use regularly; you'd have to update it manually every day.
Posted 2 years ago
cfgauss says:
Where do we suggest feature requests?
Posted 2 years ago
(closed account) says:
You can go here:
https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/ideas/

Scroll down a bit and use the link on the left side "Submit a Suggestion".
Posted 2 years ago