Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

New RTM Gmail Firefox integration extension

erik Pro says:

It's not fancy, but it's been pretty useful for me as I tested this little extension that I hacked (think machete) together. Check it out and let me know what you think:

http://scroungelounge.blogspot.com/2007/07/firefox-extension-delegate-rtm.html

erik

Posted at 8:42am on July 13, 2007

clbpdx says:

Wow, Eric, this works great. It makes life much easier. I'm still not sure if I'm going to migrate to RTM but this at least would make it possible. I do sort of wish that there was a way to get to the URL without going back to their site, like Todoist but I know that's probably not something on your end.

Thanks for the great tool, I'm super impressed. Now I'm off to find something like that for IE.

Posted 7 years ago

erik Pro says:

If anyone is adventurous, I now have this posted on the official firefox addon site, although it's not completely public yet:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5339

You need a logon to access the "sandbox" side of the site.

A few kind reviews and I guess I can nominate it to be moved to the public site. I'm kinda new at this so bear with me.

Posted 7 years ago

ranbarton ProPower Poster says:

Excuse what is, I suspect, a dumb question... Mozilla says I haven't enabled the Sandbox in my preferences. I rummaged for a while, and it is not clear to me how to enable that setting. Any suggestions, please?

Posted 6 years ago

emily (Remember The Milk) says:

Erik, this is awesome :)

Ran, there's a link to My Account in the top right -- the Sandbox option is there (I had to search around for it too).

Posted 6 years ago

As with so many things, that was obvious as soon as you pointed it out. Thanks.

I love the idea of having an actual link between RTM and Gmail items, so I look forward to trying out this extension.

Posted 6 years ago

kevin.lemay says:

This plugin looks great but I don't use gmail on a regular basis but do use Thunderbird all the time. Are you or someone planning on a similar plugin for Thunderbird?

Posted 6 years ago

erik Pro says:

Unfortunately, my extension skills are very limited--this is the first one I have messed around with and even it is just a quick modification to an existing extension. I am not planning to do a thunderbird version, although it may be trivial for someone else to pick up and do.

If any of you do try the extension through the addons sandbox, please leave a review. I think I can make it public after a few get logged. Then it will be easier for everyone to find.

Posted 6 years ago

I just added a review now - thanks again for putting this together; it's very handy.

Posted 6 years ago

wfindlay says:

great tool! one slight correction -- the add-on options in Firefox says "Import Email Address" but this should really be "Inbox Email Address" since you are only sending one task at a time. It won't work unless you use the correct email adress.

Posted 6 years ago

wfindlay says:

never mind my previous comment, I must have been reading too fast! It really does already say Inbox, not Import.

Posted 6 years ago

erik Pro says:

The extension is now public: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5339

Now it should be a click away for anyone to give it a try.

Posted 6 years ago

roto says:

...yet another reason why Firefox is great. Less than a month and a handy extension becomes public. Nice one, erik.

Posted 6 years ago