Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Keeping track of what medicines I have

ellamnanmaike says:
I have a box with many tablets, meds, band aids etc. at home.
But I am never too sure of what i have exactly if I am not at home and have to decide whether I need to buy them or not.
So, I have made a list called meds at home and put in name and how many I have. I have marked each medicine name as a completed task so that it does not keep showing up on my to do list every day.
Now, whenever I need to know what tablets I have in stock, I go to my smart list called meds at home and view the completed tasks there. Although it shows up as crossed out tasks, it serves its purpose!
Hope this helps u too.
I plan to use this to keep track of everything I own from DVDs to books. In fact, I plan to list everything I own so that i know what I have and can declutter appropriately!
Posted at 4:26pm on September 14, 2013
azclaire says:
If you use a Smartphone app, you'll need to sync all completed tasks across all lists. This could overwhelm the storage capacity of your device. Consider keeping the tasks open and use "and NOT list:meds" in your SmartLists to exclude them from your day to day activities.

I've got a list in which I put miscellaneous stuff like this. In your case,I would create task called meds and use a Note for the meds and their quantities. As the inventory would change I would update the note. The note's update time would serve as my "current as of...." information.

This would eliminate all the tagging etc from pieces of stored info that aren't really tasks. I have tasks on the list for foods I'm not supposed to eat (a restrictive health issue), the "dirty dozen" (the most pesticide covered fruits/veggies), the "clean fifteen" (the least pesticide....), voice mail commands, house paint colors and so on. It's my mini reference library.
Posted 10 years ago
aforementionedthoughts says:
Good idea!
Posted 10 years ago