Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

TIP: Ask yourself questions

cole.jennette says:
Probably one of the most helpful things an assistant has ever done for me was to be persistent with questions. "What have you done about the budget?" "Did you talk to Steve yet about his daughter" Etc.

For some items on my to-do list I don't neccesarily have tasks for them yet. They're just things I need to think about. So I put questions to remind myself.

"What song are we playing tomorrow?"

"How do we deal with the elec bill?"

"Have the projector lamps come in yet?"

"What camera did you decide on?"

Could be endless possibilities. For me, each day brings task, but it also brings questions I need to deal with.

You could feasibly tag these as questions and make a whole separate list, but I haven't found a need to. They seem to play nice with my other simple tasks like, "Remember the milk!"
Posted at 7:58pm on September 20, 2012
cole.jennette says:
Also helps if your not naturally considerate like me. For instance, just put in my list: How is Mindy (my wife) doing?

As I look through my to-do's I'll remember to check on her and see if she needs anything. (She has a little bit of a cold)

Posted 11 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi cole.jennette,

Great tip! I've started doing this and tagging with "question" -- it really helps to get things out of my head, ready to deal with later. :)

You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, so we've added a free year of Remember The Milk Pro to your account. Thanks for sharing this tip!
Posted 11 years ago
progress4ward says:
I love this idea! My mind is always swimming with questions, but I never think much about writing them down since they haven't hit a 'to-do' stage yet. Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
remigiusz.franek says:
But is the just different way to Writer something down? For example rather then Write : How Mindy is doing? We should Write "Check Mindy health". When You speak about order and GTD there is Real reason why task should be formulated this way.

So What is the added Value? Sorry for this question but I would like to know whether I did not missed something from this idea.
Posted 11 years ago
mikejd30 says:
I like this idea.. The added value is that you are saying it is not a task, just something in your head. Therefore I assume some of these questions never need to be a task.
Posted 11 years ago