Welcome!  English (US) Language Switcher

For Android/iPhone users: "Due where you are"

alasnik says:

I've been enjoying the great updated Android app and tonight just happened to browse through the Advanced Search Operators list and... voila! ... came up with an idea!

I created a new list called "Nearby today." It includes tasks due that day (or overdue) located within 1 mile of where my phone says I'm located.

dueBefore:tomorrow and locatedWithin:"1 mile"

And of course, I created an RTM 1x1 badge linked to this list and put it on the homepage of my Nexus S and my Xoom so I can spot at a glance when there's something I need to be doing where I am :).

In case you're curious, here are the main locations I use:

1) Location "Work" -- for those things I have to remember to do when I'm physically at work... can't do via VPN.

2) Location "Home" -- update clock on microwave upon the time change, put out recyclables barrel, etc.

3) Location "SF" -- tasks I should remember to do when I'm hanging out in "the city" (renew SF library card, etc.)

Now there's no escaping my due tasks... :p

Posted at 5:56am on November 6, 2011

benjamin.jung82 Pro says:

Yeah :-) +1

Posted 2 years ago

emily (Remember The Milk) says:

Hi alasnik,

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your Remember The Milk account to have a free year of Pro. :)

Posted 2 years ago

goraleksi Pro says:

What about RTM notification Nearest? Is it not useful in same case? Or this tip has target to exclude future tasks and tasks with "never" due date?

Posted 2 years ago