Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Custom advance notice of upcoming due tasks

dumas says:
I like to see what's coming up - some tasks with more notice than others. So I give them tags, like "oneweeknotice" and "twoweeksnotice", then use a smart list:

(tag:oneweeknotice AND dueBefore:"1 week of today") OR (tag:twoweeksnotice AND dueBefore:"2 weeks of today")
Posted at 1:33am on September 21, 2011
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi dumas,

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've upgraded your Remember The Milk account to have a free year of Pro. :)
Posted 12 years ago
denellec says:
This sounds like a really good idea because I too like to see what things are due a week from now, specifically when it comes to paying bills. And I like to have even more notice when it comes to remembering birthdays. However, I have a question.
Please forgive my "noob-ness" but how exactly does the dueBefore part work? I understand the tagging part, but I am lost from there. Please explain how you actually put this to use.
Thanks in advance!
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi denellec,
The dueBefore search operator lets you search for tasks due before a certain date. By specifying dueBefore:"1 week of today", you will locate all tasks with a due date 1 week in the future or earlier. This includes tasks due in the upcoming week, as well as any overdue tasks you may have.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago